The Extinction Event is our final anthology - a celebration of five great years, and a hearty 'thank you!' to all the authors, artists, partners and readers that made Jurassic London possible.
* * *
The Extinction Event includes:
- Chrysanthy Balis - "Valentine's Day"
- Rose Biggin - "The Arousing Adventures of Gelato Parlour"
- Archie Black – "Uncle Smoke" (Stories of the Smoke)
- Jesse Bullington – "Escape from the Mummy’s Tomb" (The Book of the Dead)
- David Bryher - "Lost in Music"
- Becky Chambers – "Chrysalis" (Pornokitsch)
- Amy Coombe – "The Life of Her Mother" (Pornokitsch)
- Kim Curran - "Genius in the Walls"
- Charles Dickens - "Mary Anning"
- Anna Katharine Green - "The Golden Slipper"
- S.L. Grey – "We’ll Always Be Here" (The Lowest Heaven)
- Will Hill – "Three Memories of Death" (The Book of the Dead)
- Charlie Human - "The Doctrine of the Whisper"
- Matt Jones – "The Comet’s Tale" (The Lowest Heaven)
- Rebecca Levene – “The Knowledge” (Stories of the Smoke)
- Kirsty Logan - "Four Feet"
- Sophia McDougall – "Not the End of the World" (Stories of the Apocalypse)
- Simon Morden – "Never, never, three times never" (Thy Kingdom Come)
- Den Patrick - "People, Places, and Things"
- Adam Roberts – "Martin Citywit" (Stories of the Smoke)
- Henrietta Rose-Innes - "The Bronze Age"
- R.M. - "A Chronicle of Crows"
- Robert Sharp - "(0,0)" (Crossroads)
- James Smythe – "The Last Escapement" (Irregularity)
- E.J. Swift – "The Spiders of Stockholm" (Irregularity)
- Sam Sykes – "Wish for a Gun" (A Town Called Pandemonium)
- Molly Tanzer - "Genius Without Education"
- Lavie Tidhar - "Fealty to Apollo"
- Osgood Vance – "Closer" (Stories of the Apocalypse)
- Joe Vaz - "Front Row, Centre"
- J.Y. Yang - "Ya-Ya Papaya"
It also contains art by Jennie Gyllblad, Jonathan Edwards, Howard Hardiman, Joey Hi-Fi, Jade Klara, Sarah Anne Langton, Jeffrey Alan Love, Gary Northfield and Vincent Sammy.
Story introductions are provided by Niall Alexander, Kim Curran, Richard Dunn, Ana Grilo, Will Hill, Thea James, John J Johnston, Marek Kukula, Justin Landon, Mahvesh Murad, Claire North and Sam Wilson.
The suitably mournful introduction and afterword are provided by our founders, Anne C Perry and Jared Shurin. The book also contains the Complete and Indisputable Checklist of Jurassic London Publications (including all the projects that didn't happen).
The Extinction Event will be published on 20 October, and only as a slipcased hardcover, limited to 150 numbered copies. It comes complete with black and white illustrations, colour endpapers, a snazzy ribbon bookmark and everything else we could possibly throw into it.
This will be the only edition. Once they're gone... they're gone.
You can order your copy to pick up at the launch on October 20, or you can have it shipped to you. Please note that if you have having your copy posted to you, it will ship after the launch, so we can get them signed.
* * *
Order your copy now
The Extinction Event is limited to one copy per person, please.
If you have any questions, or need a shipping quote outside of the UK/EU/US, please email me at email@example.com.
* * *
Please join us on 20 October at the Yorkshire Grey (Theobald's Road, London, WC1X) to celebrate the new book and say farewell to Jurassic London.
The evening's activities will include The Extinction Event (including signing by all the contributors present), a silent auction for charity and plenty of drinks!