This October, we're publishing The Extinction Event - our final book.
Jurassic London has been a lot of fun. Thank you for your support over the years. Below, you'll find information on the book, the party, the timeline to extinction, and the details of our other books.
The Extinction Event is our final anthology - a celebration of five great years, and a hearty 'thank you!' to all the authors, artists, parters and readers that made Jurassic London possible.
The contents include a few previously-published favourites, such as:
- Archie Black – “Uncle Smoke” (Stories of the Smoke)
- Jesse Bullington – “Escape from the Mummy’s Tomb” (The Book of the Dead)
- Becky Chambers – “Chrysalis” (Pornokitsch.com)
- Amy Coombe – “The Life of Her Mother (Pornokitsch.com)
- S.L. Grey – “We’ll Always Be Here” (The Lowest Heaven)
- Will Hill – “Three Memories of Death” (The Book of the Dead)
- Matt Jones – “The Comet’s Tale” (The Lowest Heaven)
- Rebecca Levene – “The Knowledge” (Stories of the Smoke)
- Sophia McDougall – “Not the End of the World” (Stories of the Apocalypse)
- Simon Morden – “Never, never, three times never” (Thy Kingdom Come)
- Adam Roberts – “Martin Citywit” (Stories of the Smoke)
- James Smythe – “The Last Escapement” (Irregularity)
- E.J. Swift – “The Spiders of Stockholm” (Irregularity)
- Sam Sykes – “Wish for a Gun” (A Town Called Pandemonium)
- Osgood Vance – “Closer” (Stories of the Apocalypse)
... as well as completely new stories from Charlie Human, Henrietta Rose-Innes, Kirsty Logan, Paul Wiseall, Joe Vaz, Rose Biggin, Molly Tanzer, Chrysanthy Balis, David Bryher, Lavie Tidhar, Robert Sharp, Den Patrick, Kim Curran and J.Y. Yang.
The anthology includes art by Jonathan Edwards, Joey Hi-Fi, Howard Hardiman, Jade Klara, Sarah Anne Langton, Jeffrey Alan Love, Gary Northfield and Vincent Sammy.
Story introductions are provided by a range of very special guests.
The Extinction Event will be published in late October, as a very foxy limited edition. This will be the only edition - no ebook, even - so please pounce quickly when pre-orders open.
Pre-orders open in August - subscribe to our mailing list to keep from missing out.
Please join us on 20 October for our final book launch - and a fond farewell.
We'll be drinking and frolicking in London, and the evening's activities will include The Extinction Event reveal (and signing, and delivery!), a silent auction for charity, and an interesting announcement or two.
Further details to come.
15 July - The Royal Astronomical Society's Courtyard Late. The Royal Observatory's Marek Kukula will be giving a talk about Mars in literature, and we'll be manning a table for Earthlings, with copies of Aleriel and The Brick Moon for sale. (Details.)
August - Orders open for The Extinction Event. As always, we'll tell our mailing list first - to keep informed, subscribe.
23-25 September - FantasyCon by the Sea. We'll be in the dealer room, selling... I genuinely don't know what... plus participation in other programming. (Details)
13 October - AMA. The contributors to our final volume will be participating in a massive Ask Me Anything session at r/fantasy. (Details to come.)
20 October - The Extinction Event. Our last launch party. You're all invited. (Details to come.)
31 October - Extinction! This is it! The last chance to buy any of our books!
Jurassic London's Many Wonderful Books
Our titles will go out of print at the end of October, including:
- The Lowest Heaven (UK / US)
- Irregularity (UK / US)
- The Book of the Dead (UK / US)
- A Town Called Pandemonium (UK / US)
- Jews vs Aliens, Jews vs Zombies and the Jews vs omnibus (UK / US)
Stories of the Smoke, Stories of the Apocalypse, The Builders, Thy Kingdom Come and all our novellas, chapbooks and limited editions are already out of print.
Unearthed, The Brick Moon, Aleriel, We Need to Talk and Lost Souls will remain on Amazon indefinitely.
Any questions? Contact us at jared at jurassic-london.com