This October, we're publishing The Extinction Event - our final book.
Jurassic London has been a lot of fun. Thank you for your support over the years.
Below, you'll find information on the book, the party, the timeline to extinction, and the details of our other books.
The Extinction Event
The contents include:
- Chrysanthy Balis - "Valentine's Day"
- Rose Biggin - "The Arousing Adventures of Gelato Parlour"
- Archie Black – “Uncle Smoke” (Revised) (Stories of the Smoke)
- Jesse Bullington – “Escape from the Mummy’s Tomb” (The Book of the Dead)
- David Bryher - "Lost in Music"
- Becky Chambers – “Chrysalis” (Pornokitsch)
- Amy Coombe – “The Life of Her Mother (Pornokitsch)
- Kim Curran - "Genius in the Walls"
- Charles Dickens - "Mary Anning"
- Anna Katharine Green - "The Golden Slipper"
- S.L. Grey – “We’ll Always Be Here” (The Lowest Heaven)
- Will Hill – “Three Memories of Death” (The Book of the Dead)
- Charlie Human - "The Doctrine of the Whisper"
- Matt Jones – “The Comet’s Tale” (The Lowest Heaven)
- Rebecca Levene – “The Knowledge” (Stories of the Smoke)
- Kirsty Logan - "Four Feet"
- Sophia McDougall – “Not the End of the World” (Stories of the Apocalypse)
- Simon Morden – “Never, never, three times never” (Thy Kingdom Come)
- Den Patrick - "People, Places, and Things"
- Adam Roberts – “Martin Citywit” (Stories of the Smoke)
- Henrietta Rose-Innes - "The Bronze Age"
- R.M. - "A Chronicle of Crows"
- Robert Sharp - "(0,0)" (Crossroads)
- James Smythe – “The Last Escapement” (Irregularity)
- E.J. Swift – “The Spiders of Stockholm” (Irregularity)
- Sam Sykes – “Wish for a Gun” (A Town Called Pandemonium)
- Molly Tanzer - "Genius Without Education"
- Lavie Tidhar - "Fealty to Apollo"
- Osgood Vance – “Closer” (Stories of the Apocalypse)
- Joe Vaz - "Front Row, Centre"
- J.Y. Yang - "Ya-Ya Papaya"
The anthology includes art by Jennie Gyllblad, Jonathan Edwards, Howard Hardiman, Joey Hi-Fi, Jade Klara, Sarah Anne Langton, Jeffrey Alan Love, Gary Northfield and Vincent Sammy.
Story introductions are provided by Niall Alexander, Kim Curran, Richard Dunn, Ana Grilo, Will Hill, Thea James, John J Johnston, Marek Kukula, Justin Landon, Mahvesh Murad, Claire North, Anne C Perry and Sam Wilson.
The suitably mournful introduction and afterword are provided by Anne C Perry and Jared Shurin, respectively. The book also contains the Complete and Indisputable Checklist of Jurassic London (including all the projects that didn't happen).
The Extinction Event will be published on 20 October, and only as a hardcover, limited edition. This will be the only edition - no ebook, even - so please pounce quickly when pre-orders open.
Pre-orders open in August - subscribe to our mailing list to keep from missing out.
Please join us on 20 October for our final book launch - and a fond farewell.
We'll be drinking and frolicking in London, and the evening's activities will include The Extinction Event reveal (and signing, and delivery!), a silent auction for charity, and an interesting announcement or two.
Further details to come.
August - Orders open for The Extinction Event. As always, we'll tell our mailing list first - to keep informed, subscribe.
13 October - AMA. The contributors to our final volume will be participating in a massive Ask Me Anything session at r/fantasy. (Details to come.)
20 October - The Extinction Event. Our last launch party. You're all invited. (Details to come.)
31 October - Extinction! This is it! The last chance to buy any of our books!
Jurassic London's Many Wonderful Books
Our titles will go out of print at the end of October, including:
- The Lowest Heaven (UK / US)
- Irregularity (UK / US)
- The Book of the Dead (UK / US)
- A Town Called Pandemonium (UK / US)
- Jews vs Aliens, Jews vs Zombies and the Jews vs omnibus (UK / US)
Stories of the Smoke, Stories of the Apocalypse, The Builders, Thy Kingdom Come and all our novellas, chapbooks and limited editions are already out of print.
Unearthed, The Brick Moon, Aleriel, We Need to Talk and Lost Souls will remain on Amazon indefinitely.
Any questions? Contact us at jared at jurassic-london.com