About the book
The Extinction Event is the last anthology from Jurassic London.
This anthology, our final one, combines some of the classic stories from Jurassic's (brief) history and completely new works from amazing writers. It also includes art - old and new - from many of the incredible artists who have featured in Jurassic titles across the year.
- Chrysanthy Balis - "Valentine's Day"
- Rose Biggin - "The Arousing Adventures of Gelato Parlour"
- Archie Black – "Uncle Smoke" (Stories of the Smoke)
- Jesse Bullington – "Escape from the Mummy’s Tomb" (The Book of the Dead)
- David Bryher - "Lost in Music"
- Becky Chambers – "Chrysalis" (Pornokitsch)
- Amy Coombe – "The Life of Her Mother" (Pornokitsch)
- Kim Curran - "Genius in the Walls"
- Charles Dickens - "Mary Anning"
- Anna Katharine Green - "The Golden Slipper"
- S.L. Grey – "We’ll Always Be Here" (The Lowest Heaven)
- Will Hill – "Three Memories of Death" (The Book of the Dead)
- Charlie Human - "The Doctrine of the Whisper"
- Matt Jones – "The Comet’s Tale" (The Lowest Heaven)
- Rebecca Levene – “The Knowledge” (Stories of the Smoke)
- Kirsty Logan - "Four Feet"
- Sophia McDougall – "Not the End of the World" (Stories of the Apocalypse)
- Simon Morden – "Never, never, three times never" (Thy Kingdom Come)
- Den Patrick - "People, Places, and Things"
- Adam Roberts – "Martin Citywit" (Stories of the Smoke)
- Henrietta Rose-Innes - "The Bronze Age"
- R.M. - "A Chronicle of Crows"
- Robert Sharp - "(0,0)" (Crossroads)
- James Smythe – "The Last Escapement" (Irregularity)
- E.J. Swift – "The Spiders of Stockholm" (Irregularity)
- Sam Sykes – "Wish for a Gun" (A Town Called Pandemonium)
- Molly Tanzer - "Genius Without Education"
- Lavie Tidhar - "Fealty to Apollo"
- Osgood Vance – "Closer" (Stories of the Apocalypse)
- Joe Vaz - "Front Row, Centre"
- J.Y. Yang - "Ya-Ya Papaya"
It also contains art by Jennie Gyllblad, Jonathan Edwards, Howard Hardiman, Joey Hi-Fi, Jade Klara, Sarah Anne Langton, Jeffrey Alan Love, Gary Northfield and Vincent Sammy.
Story introductions are provided by Niall Alexander, Kim Curran, Richard Dunn, Ana Grilo, Will Hill, Thea James, John J Johnston, Marek Kukula, Justin Landon, Mahvesh Murad, Claire North and Sam Wilson.
The suitably mournful introduction and afterword are provided by our founders, Anne C Perry and Jared Shurin. The book also contains the Complete and Indisputable Checklist of Jurassic London Publications (including all the projects that didn't happen).
The Limited Edition
The Extinction Event was released as a limited edition of 150 hand-numbered, slipcased copies. It came complete with black and white illustrations, colour endpapers, a snazzy ribbon bookmark and everything else we could possibly throw into it.
Published October 2016
Hardcover (150 copies): (Sold Out)