About the book
In Jews vs Aliens, editors Lavie Tidhar and Rebecca Levene have gathered together brand new stories from the light-hearted to the profound, with authors ranging from Orange Prize winner Naomi Alderman to Big Bang Theory writer/producer Eric Kaplan, all asking, for the first time, the question you didn’t even know you wanted answered – what happens when the aliens arrive, only to encounter... Jews?
“If you will it, it is no dream!” as Theodor Herzl said: and no doubt he had just such an anthology in mind.
- “Antaius Floating in the Heavens Among the Stars” by Andrea Phillips
- “On the Matter of Meroz” by Rosanne Rabinowitz
- “Alien Thoughts” by Eric Kaplan
- “The Reluctant Jew” by Rachel Swirsky
- “To Serve... Breakfast” by Jay Caselberg
- “The Farm” by Elana Gomel
- “Don't Blink” by Gon Ben Ari
- “Nameless and Shameless” by Lois H. Gresh
- “The Ghetto” by Matthue Roth
- “Excision” by Naomi Alderman
Edited by Rebecca Levene and Lavie Tidhar
Cover by Sarah Anne Langton
Published 19 March 2015
Paperback omnibus edition (with Jews vs Zombies): (Out of Print)
Reviews and Extras
Sarah Anne Langton's gorgeous cover art, featured at Creative Review.
Editor Lavie Tidhar interviewed in the Jewish Telegraph.
"Mazel Tov!" - celebrating the two new anthologies at Tor.com.
Lavie Tidhar introduces Jews vs Aliens and Jews vs Zombies on his blog.
"A very unique and highly entertaining, almost addictive read" - Daily Steampunk
Rosanne Rabinowitz, on the background to "The Matter of Meroz".
Interview with Matthue Roth via the Jewish Book Council.